Hello Beauties and WELCOME to my first 30 Days Challenge of the year! If you haven't seen my post from yesterday and want to learn more what those challenges are all about, then click here.
As you can tell by the title the first challenge will be Lemon Water Detox. I decided to start the year with this challenge since in my opinion a cleanse and detox are always welcome after the Holidays' indulgence.
Drinking a lemon water first thing in the mornings is something that I want to implement for a long time but always fail to do so. The longest that I've been drinking lemon water was for three weeks.
Now you can do this in two ways. You can do it as a 30 Days Detox Challenge or you can implement it as an everyday habit. The latter is what I am planning to do and I am about to tell you why.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
1. Flushes Out the Toxins - stimulates the digestive system and the liver, which makes the elimination of the toxins easier.
2. Clear Skin - the high amounts of Vitamin C are essential for the production of collagen which prevents the formation of wrinkles. Furthermore the purifying properties of the lemon prevents from blemishes and acne.
3. Weight Loss - have pectin fibers which suppress the hunger cravings.
4. Prevent you from colds - the Vitamin C boosts your immune system and helps fighting infections.
5. Increases Overall Energy Levels - by purifying, alkalizing and loading your body with vitamins.
How We Do This
It is recommended to drink warm lemon water, but if you are like me and your stomach can't handle it, don't be discouraged. You can still get a lot of the benefits from drinking it cold. However, if you have no problem drinking it warm you should go for it.
1. Squeeze the juice of half an organic lemon in 500 ml water.
* Use filtered water if you drink it cold and boiled water if you drink it warm.
2. Drink the lemon water on an empty stomach every morning.
* If 500 ml are too much for you, start with one glass and then increase with time.
1. You can infuse your water with mint leaves, fresh ginger, cucumber, berries etc. for extra vitamin booster.
2. Don't forget to stay hydrated throughout the whole day. Drink at least 8 glasses of water in addition to your morning lemon water.
3. If you are interested in weight loss drink a glass of water 30 mins before each meal. This will suppress your appetite and will keep you full.
4. Drinking plenty of water on its own won't be enough for achieving healthy living. Make sure to eat healthy and exercise regularly. However I am sure that you will notice big improvement in your overall well being even only by increasing the amount of water that you consume.
Track Your Progress
If you want to learn more about the many benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning, here are some useful articles that you can take a look at:
* 16 Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
* 11 Benefits of Lemon Water You Didn't Know About
* The 2 Week Lemon Water Challenge