"Sugary Christmas" DIY Body Scrub Or How To "Last Minute Gift"
Hey, Beauties! In case you have troubles choosing Christmas present for you and your loved ones, I have a suggestion for you. Homemade body scrub! It’s the perfect gift in so many ways that I don’t even know where to start.
To start with we all need a little bit of extra care for our skins during the winter. And one of the best ways to achieve party-ready-silky-smooth-skin is by exfoliating it regularly. Exfoliation also improves blood circulation, helps with discoloration and rejuvenates the skin by minimizing the fine lines.
Another benefit of making your own body scrub is that you know exactly what ingredients you put in it and you can make it exclusively with natural ones. Avoiding application of harsh chemicals on your skin is good not only for your own health but also for the environment.
And last but not least, what better way to surprise your besties or relatives than with something that you have created especially for them with all your love and care. I, personally, love hand crafted personalized gifts, that can't be found anywhere else. So with that being said, let’s get to work Santa’s little helpers!
You are going to need:
- A large mixing bowl
- An empty glass jar (try to recycle an old one if possible - I've used an old tahini jar)
- ½ cup farin or brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 10-20 drops Vitamin E oil or 10 Vitamin E capsules (for its antioxidant properties)
- 15 drops lemongrass essential oil (you can substitute with other citrus essential oils such as orange, grapefruit, tangerine or lemon as they have similar properties)*
- 6 tbsp. grape seed oil (you can substitute it with any other carrier oil)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (it is an extra boost for your skin since it’s winter time; if you are making this scrub during the summer you can skip this step but then increase the amount of the other carrier oil you are about to use)
* The Citrus essential oils have the ability to eliminate the cellulite and the stretch marks, improve blood circulation, increase the elasticity of the skin and have rejuvenating properties. Plus they smell so Christmassy, which makes them perfect for our purpose.
Please note that the amount of sugar depends on the size of the jar you are going to use. If your jar is bigger, then increase the amounts of both farin/brown and white sugar. Don’t forget to always keep the proportion of these two 1:1.
1. In a large mixing bowl add the white sugar and the farin(brown sugar) and stir until everything is blended.
2. Add the vitamin E, the grape seed oil, the olive oil and the essential oil of your choice and stir well until the oils are distributed evenly onto the sugar.If you are going to use Vitamin E capsules, poke them with needle and gently squeeze the content into the mixture.
3. Transfer the mixture into the glass jar.
HOW TO USE IT:
1. Take a small scoop of the body scrub and apply it on wet skin.
2. Start scrubbing until there are no sugar crystals left on your skin.
3. You will notice that you have oil layer remained on your skin. Don't worry and don't try to wash it off. That is the real magic of this recipe. I've noticed that this works not only as exfoliation but also as body lotion so there is no need for applying anything more on your skin after the shower. I promise you the softest and silkiest skin, even on the next day and the day after. Use it long enough and you'll transform your dry, dull skin into silky-smooth deliciousness.
Thank you for reading my blog! If you enjoyed it please like, comment and share it!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to purchase something through these links I will earn a commission.
Please note that I link these companies and their products, because of their quality and not because of the commission. Furthermore, there would be NO extra charge on your behalf!