Vegan Truffles & Rosé For My Name Day | Recipe Inside
Hello, Beauties and Happy Easter! I hope you are having a blast and enjoying your holiday. I am in party mood since last Sunday (9th of April) because it was my name day. Every year a week before Easter the Orthodox Christianity celebrates Branch Sunday also known as Palm Sunday. As we don’t have palms in Bulgaria we use willow branches for the purpose. This holiday is also known as Flower Day (Tsvetnica) and people who are named after flowers or plants celebrate their name days. Since I am named after one of the most beautiful flowers (in my humble opinion) I also celebrate on this day.
I wanted to do something special for me and my family and I decided to make my favorite chocolate truffles. I love them, my family love them and I am sure that you’ll love them too. That’s why I am sharing the recipe with you. As you know I always go for easy, simple recipes that don't take too much time and this is not an exception.
- 200 dark vegan chocolate (finely chopped)
- 140 ml coconut milk from can (well shaken)
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tea sp. coconut sugar (you can substitute with maple sirup)
- 1/2 tea sp. cinnamon
- chopped almonds and cocoa powder for coating
Optional: You can add 1 teaspoon of champagne, orange juice, liquor or rom if you want. I personally love the combination of chocolate and orange so I opt in for orange juice.
1. Place the chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
2. In a small saucepan heat the coconut milk on medium heat. You want the milk to be hot but not boiling.
3. Remove the coconut milk from the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Leave it for a couple of minutes.
4. After sitting, start mixing the coconut milk with the chocolate until all the chocolate is melted and you have a smooth consistency.
5. Add the vanilla, sugar, Himalayan salt, cinnamon and orange juice (if using) to the mixture. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
6. Leave the bowl with the mixture in the refrigerator for about 3 hours. The mixture will get firm and thick.
7. Use a teaspoon to scoop the mixture and form small balls by rolling them between your hands.
8. Dip and roll the chocolate truffles in the chopped almonds or cocoa powder.
9. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
10. Enjoy and try not to eat them all at once! Although I realize it’s hard!